Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ups and Down for the Week

So I didn't really end this week on a high note. I did a little bit of shopping - bought 3 pairs of shoes. Only one pair was DESPERATELY needed for work. One was necessary but not dire - I needed new ballerina flats which I wear as walking shoes in the city. My old pair literally RIPPED in the rain. I have another pair that I can't just wear with anything. I did show SOME restraint by waiting until the 25% off coupon kicked into effect. Does that count for something?
This is one of my problems. I can initially hold off on purchases. The moment I can find two semi-good reasons, I'll go for it. I have a hard time denying myself for too long. Low willpower. (sigh)
I had a friend's holiday party -- luckily didn't spend any money on food/drinks that night. However, my friends and I did split a cab on the way home. Oh wait...back up...I did spend $$ for a cab to the party as it wasn't that close to the subway. Plus, I was in super high heels. I did stay in the rest of the weekend -- well, this was partly attributed to my being semi-sick.
One really good note - I wrote all my christmas cards today. And guess what? I didn't have to buy any cards, not any extra/new ones that is. I try to stock up on cards post-holidays when they are 75% and higher. Most of the time, I still have to buy an extra box. This year, I really took a look at my list -- who do I really keep in touch with...to whom do i want to send a personalized card? As for the rest...those whom I don't really keep in touch with but don't want to leave them high and dry...I may just think of some sort of e-greeting. I'm still figuring that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment