Saturday, December 20, 2008

Taking it to the bank

So it's that time of year where I "release" the piggy. Meaning...I release the stopper in my piggy bank and let the change flow. I collect coins all year long and count it up at the end of the year.

I used to have a coin counter but that busted literally after 3 or 4 uses - cheap ass thing. I still had the roll sleeves so I just counted them up myself. No biggie.

What was my tally?

$130.50. WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I had coins leftover too. If I couldn't actually fill up a whole sleeve, I put those coins back into the piggy.

What to do with this small bundle?

I've already told myself that any "extra" income I come into will be split - 50% savings and 50% debt. I have a small little exception for this though. I've decided to use $50 of the 50% savings to send to my maternal grandmother in CA as a Christmas present.

No comments:

Post a Comment