Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tried to get off on the right start

I created a new savings account through e-trade. This will specifically serve as my emergency fund account. I don't plan on tying this account to anything else -- therefore I won't be attempted to use it. I deposited $25 into the account. Currently the account is set to accrue 3.01%. My resolution is to deposit $75/month into this account.

So I started off feeling good about my resolutions. One baby step in the right direction.

And then...

I get an email re: Bloomingdale's 50% sale. CRAP CRAP CRAP. I ended up buying THREE dresses - 2 for work and 1 for fun/weddings. The damage????...$675. However, I got really really good deals on them. STILL...they weren't completely NEEDED. This is how I justified it - I always need new work clothes. After losing approx 55lbs, I am still in the process of rebuilding my wardrobe. I was able to get away with spending the $$ on having all my clothes taken in (as much as I could). Some turned out better than others. The idea was to slowly replace those with newer items once I lost the remainder 25 lbs. I'm still working on the last 25 lbs. (sigh) However, the need for new work clothes remains. So I told myself it would be better to buy on this super sale.

That's my problem. I can justify a purchase - well, most of the time. I try to refrain from shopping by not going to the stores. DAMN THE ONLINE SHOPPING.
The 3rd dress -- I could've waited until closer to the next wedding I must attend. I just couldn't resist as the sale brought the dress down to $44 for a black cocktail dress.
I have pretty low willpower when it comes to shopping sales, enjoying food, enjoying drinks, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment